Free School Meals and Uniform Grants
Free School Meals
If you are a parent or carer, and receive any of the benefits below, then your child is eligible for Free School Meals.
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross household income of no more than £16,190)
- The Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit run on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
How to apply
If you would like to apply for Free School Meals you can apply online using the link below (please ensure you choose the correct Haberdashers' school):
In these uncertain times we are aware that changes to employment and benefits can have a huge negative impact. We want to support you through this new simple to use system. You will need to complete once and if in future your circumstances change making your child entitled to support, we will be automatically notified. In addition to the provision of free school meals the government also provide additional funding which may be as high as £6000, in schools today this can make a real difference in the lives of our children, all from completing a form in just a few minutes.
We are now using a new system to manage free school meals. If you are already entitled to Free School Meals or have recently applied for Free School Meals with the London borough of Bexley then we encourage that you reapply, using the new system.
If your application for free school meals is successful, you are also entitled to claim for up to two uniform grants for your child, one in each primary key stage:
- Key Stage 1 (reception to year 2) £30
- Key Stage 2 (year 3 to year 6) £60
Parents can make a claim for a uniform grant by clicking on this link below and completing the form:
Haberdashers' Crayford Primary - Uniform Grant Voucher Claim Form